Friday, August 18, 2006

the Inevitable

I swear, if I could write like this, I'd live in Minnesota, or South Dakota, or New Mexico, or someplace cooler than here. And I probably wouldn't be an engineer:

Trust me: every day in the back of my head somewhere every common moment is fixed in amber and compared against the Inevitable, and every day I kick myself for somehow not appreciating it all more. Because the dog will be gone and she’ll be 15, or because I’ll be gone and the dog will be confused and she’ll be 7; you never know. The Lord works in mysterious ways, as do idiots who blow through red lights.

If you're familiar with Lileks, then you understand. If not, and you enjoy prose and writing you should be. Go there, now. Look around and make lots of bookmarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home